Information For Authors
The Journal of Awareness-Based Systems Change aims to publish two periodic journals per year during its inception period (2021 & 2022), with planned release dates in April and November of the respective years.
Deadlines for the next full paper-submissions are:
- 15th December 2022 for the fifth issue (Vol. 3, Issue # 1)
- 31st May 2023 for the sixth issue (Vol. 3, Issue # 2)
In each journal issue, we aim to publish a variety of formats in order to meet the above mentioned intentions (see "About the Journal")
In order to promote and secure the integrity of rigorous research, all submitted research publications under the section of Original Articles will undergo a double anonymous peer review process and be read by at least two reviewers.
Submissions under the section of "In the Making" will not undergo peer review but will be paired with a Discussant, whose contribution will appear as an integral part of the published article. For "In the Making" the following criteria apply:
- Clear potential contribution to the evolution of awareness-based systems change through one of the journal’s key areas of focus (see above).
- Make assumptions explicit, in particular epistemological assumptions. Explicating and making visible the epistemological stance underlying a body of work provides the grounding for the emerging ‘research’ dimension of practice: the field of praxis. Reflect on the assumptions underlying this work and ask questions: Upon what assumptions does this work lie?
- Give expression to different rationalities and ways of knowing: research that is grounded in all of our senses (and not a single research rationality). This will enable exploration of what this ‘in the making’ piece contributes to social field research and awareness-based systems change research. It also allows for an exploration of the (inevitable) messiness involved - making the process visible rather than presenting a polished ‘product’.
If you intent to publish an "In the Making" contribution we ask you to submit a 500-800 word abstract to the Editor-in-Chief via mail at: email@example.com. The abstract will be reviewed by the editorial team and you will receive feedback within three weeks.
Interested in submitting to this journal? We recommend that you review the journal's section policies, as well as the Author Guidelines. Authors need to register with the journal prior to submitting or, if already registered, can simply log in and begin the five-step process.